Type of data Uber receives
We receive employee first names, last names, and company-issued email addresses. We may also receive expense codes and employee IDs if you opt to include that information.
How Uber receives data
We receive employee names and email addresses when you:
- Add employees from the admin dashboard, either manually or through a CSV upload
- Automate adding employees through Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) data automation. For more information on the SFTP process, visit our help page.
How Uber uses data
The data received from you allows your employees to connect your business account with their personal Uber account. This allows company admins to easily manage expenses and view data regarding trips taken by employees using the business account.
Where Uber stores data
Information is stored in data centers located in the United States.
How Uber secures data
We’re committed to keeping your company’s information safe and secure. To protect data, our information security team:
- Protects access to data and infrastructure from abuse and attacks
- Implements security best practices early in our design and development processes
- Detects, contains, and mitigates threats that have the potential to impact the security, availability, and performance of our infrastructure
Security certifications Uber holds
We maintain ISO 27001 and PCI DSS 3.2.1 certifications.