You can book 3 types of rides (up to 30 days in advance) using Uber Health and Uber Central:
- Immediate (on-demand): Allows you to request a ride immediately.
- Scheduled: Allows you to schedule a ride for a different day and time.
- Flexible: Allows the rider to request the ride when they’re ready. When you book a flexible ride for someone, they’ll receive a text message prompting them to request a ride.
When you book a flexible ride for someone, the request is active for the entire day you select—meaning the rider has until 11:59pm in their local time zone to request a ride. After that, the ride will expire.
How a rider redeems a flexible ride:
- Uber Central: The rider will open the link in the text message and tap Ready to Ride
- Uber Health: The rider will reply to the text message with 1 or the prompted number (if there are multiple flexible bookings that day)
If you need to redeem a flexible ride on behalf of the rider, override the flexible ride by going to today’s upcoming rides and selecting Request now on the ride. This option isn’t available for scheduled or future rides.
If a flexible ride isn’t redeemed, the link will expire at 11:59pm on the day of the ride. You won’t be charged for rides that aren’t redeemed.